Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Maps (Expressway Cliffs)

I desperately wanted to go bouldering today, but the rain has delayed my plans :-( Instead I rode around the 'hood scouting and taking pictures. My newest find is a 35 foot high cliff with a number of routes I want to rope up for. The only downside is its overlooking the "transmanhattan expressway" ie 95. To get there follow 175th east from Amsterdam Ave, cross the street at the 175th exit from the highway and the "north" facing cliffs are on the left. Also El Malecon, 175th St. and Broadway, has ,so I'm told being a vegetarian, awesome pollo a la brasa (rotisserie chicken) and is just 3 and a bit blocks away for a tasty post climbing feast.

The map is below and the cliffs shadow can be seen (far right just past the end of 178th st)


Here is a picture of the cliff.


There are also a few boulders, on Amsterdam Ave around 177th st.

No comments: